1/4 Photos of Orange Catalonian Cream
A delicious version of creme brulee. This is great for a dinner party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine milk, cinnamon, vanilla, orange zest and salt in large saucepan and bring to simmer over medium-high heat.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer gently 5-6 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, whisk cornstarch and cold milk in small bowl until smooth.
- 4Whisk yolks with 2 cups sugar in large bowl until light and creamy.
- 5Blend cornstarch mixture into yolks.
- 6Remove cinnamon and vanilla bean from hot milk and strain milk into another large saucepan.
- 7Stir about 1 cup hot milk into yolk mixture, slowly and whisking constantly, and blend well.
- 8Gradually whisk yolk mixture into hot milk in saucepan and blend well.
- 9Place over medium heat and cook until mixture thickens and almost boils, about 10 minutes.
- 10Divide cream among 12 ovenproof ½ cup ramekins.
- 11Let cool.
- 12Preheat broiler.
- 13Sprinkle 1 tsp superfine sugar over each ramekin of orange cream.
- 14Set cups in roasting pan lined with ice.
- 15Broil until sugar is rich golden-brown.
- 16Cool, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Catalonian Cream
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.5
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 143.6 mg
- Sodium 91.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 37.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of