Recipe by DailyInspiration
A Rachael Ray chinese take-out recipe for home. I love the ingredients in this dish and it looks so simple to make.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Chinese comfort food! I halved the recipe and used 1/8 cup tamari, which was perfect for us. Also I sneaked some additional cauliflower in which I had to use up. Didn't hurt at all, made a good match with broccoli and red bell pepper :) Also I had some spring onions to use up which I used for the onion. Thanks for sharing!<br/>Made for CQ 2014
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into large bite-size pieces
- salt and black pepper
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) bag broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 oranges, juice and zest both
- 1⁄2 cup tamari (you might want to start with 1/4 cup and work up)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- cashews, unsalted and roasted (quantity is up to you)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a large, deep skillet over high heat with 3 tablespoons of the oil. Season the chicken with some salt and pepper and brown it in 2 batches if necessary. Once the chicken has browned, remove it to a plate and reserve.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, the onions, garlic, red bell peppers, broccoli, red pepper flakes, and coriander. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3-4 minutes, or until the veggies start to get tender. Add the orange zest and juice, tamari, and honey; stir, scraping up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chicken stock and bring up to a simmer, then return the browned chicken to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Mix the cornstarch with a little splash of water in a small bowl and add to the pan to thicken up the sauce a bit. Add the cashews--as many as you want! Serve the cashew chicken over rice and garnish with the chopped cilantro.