Recipe by Evie*
Tasty carrot and (sweet) potato dish
Top Review by I'mPat
I have never tried something like this and for the tasters it was a2mixed bag, for 3 it was wow 5 stars, for another okay 2 stars 3 if mashed potatoe had also accompanied it and 4 for another who thought it was a bit sweet for their taste. Will try again with some tweeking to suit family tastes. Only made 3/4 of recipe and was more than enough for 4 (could have stretched to 5 - going to make bubble and squeak out of left overs). Thank you Evie, made to Recipe Swap #2.
- 1 lb kumara, peeled (sweet potatoes)
- 1⁄2 ounce butter
- 6 fluid ounces orange juice
- 1 piece gingerroot, peeled,grated and juice squeezed out (approx 1 inch)
- 1⁄2 grated orange, zest of
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and julienned
- freshly ground black pepper
- chopped parsley (, to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Parboil the kumara in boiling lightly salted water for 10 minutes, then drain and cube.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add orange juice, ginger juice, orange zest, kumara and carrots.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover pan and simmer for 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Remove the lid, turn up heat and boil the liquid in the pan until syrupy,stirring frequently.
- Season to taste.
- Transfer glazed vegetables to a warm serving dish and sprinkle with chopped parsley.