Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love this combination. The sweetness of the oranges mixes so well with the carrots. This dish adds a colorful addition to any dinner. Must do ahead of time due to overnight refrigeration. From the cookbook Applehood & Motherpie from the Jr League of Rochester. Prep time includes cooking the carrots, but not refrigeration time.
- 2 lbs baby carrots
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup mandarin orange pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Boil whole carrots until tender; drain.
- Combine remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Place carrrots in buttered baking dish and cover with sauce.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Turn carrots to coat with sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
WOW: these were just sensational! And they are so easy to make. I made these for my parents and they absolutely l-o-v-e-d them, so I'll be making these often. Thanks, Whisper, for a fabulously flavoursome and wonderful recipe!