Recipe by Jadalynn
This was a recipe that I devised to use up an interesting blend of leftovers. The first 5 ingredients are stage one. The rest are stage two of the soup. Prep time does not include making the orange-yogurt mix.
- 7 ounces Greek yogurt
- 2 whole oranges, peeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 large cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 4 cups white wine & herb broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried lemon peel
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried lime peel
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried orange peel
- 4 tablespoons raw sugar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend oranges, vanilla, and yogurt. Let sit in refrigerator uncovered overnight.
- Saute carrots, celery, cranberries, and spices over low-med heat.
- Add broth and cucumber. Stir.
- Add orange-yogurt mixture. Stir until lumps dissolve.
- Let simmer 15-20 minutes.