Recipe by Mirj
This has a unique taste. You can leave the mint out if you don't like it.
Top Review by Missy Wombat
DH and I really enjoyed this soup. It is easy to make and DH really commented on the small but distinct afterburn that the hot pepper sauce gave. We had ours hot - I don't think this soup would last long enough to officially make it to the cold soup stage!
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups diced carrots (, about 6 large)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- In large, heavy saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Cook carrots and onions, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring twice.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until carrots are tender, about 30 minutes.
- In blender or food processor, puree mixture until smooth.
- Combine with orange and lemon juices, hot pepper sauce, and salt to taste.
- If serving hot, heat through.
- If serving cold, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days, and season to taste before serving.
- To serve, swirl a little yogurt into each soup bowl and garnish with chopped mint.