48 hrs 50 mins
48 hrs 40 mins
This has a unique taste. You can leave the mint out if you don't like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large, heavy saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- 2Cook carrots and onions, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring twice.
- 3Add vegetable stock and bring to boil.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until carrots are tender, about 30 minutes.
- 5In blender or food processor, puree mixture until smooth.
- 6Combine with orange and lemon juices, hot pepper sauce, and salt to taste.
- 7If serving hot, heat through.
- 8If serving cold, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days, and season to taste before serving.
- 9To serve, swirl a little yogurt into each soup bowl and garnish with chopped mint.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Carrot Soup
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.1
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 6.4 mg
- Sodium 87.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: