Prep 10 mins
Cook 48 hrs 40 mins
This has a unique taste. You can leave the mint out if you don't like it.
Make and share this Orange-Carrot Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In large, heavy saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Cook carrots and onions, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring twice.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until carrots are tender, about 30 minutes.
- In blender or food processor, puree mixture until smooth.
- Combine with orange and lemon juices, hot pepper sauce, and salt to taste.
- If serving hot, heat through.
- If serving cold, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days, and season to taste before serving.
- To serve, swirl a little yogurt into each soup bowl and garnish with chopped mint.
DH and I really enjoyed this soup. It is easy to make and DH really commented on the small but distinct afterburn that the hot pepper sauce gave. We had ours hot - I don't think this soup would last long enough to officially make it to the cold soup stage!
Lovely soup! It tastes great and looks good too (very orange!). Thanks.
we love this soup and so far we could never taste it cold as it always disappears while still hot. ItÂ´s great for a summer meals as well as for a winter meal. We do really make this soup very often!