Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very simple cold side dish for lunch or light supper. My husband got it from his mother, and ofcourse all her food tastes better than mine.
- 2 large fresh carrots
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Peel the carrots using carrot/potato peeler.
- Using the peeler, continue to "peel" the carrots into a medium serving bowl. Discard the center you cannot "peel".
- Add the drained oranges to the serving bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in the small bowl and add mixture to the carrots and oranges.
- Mix well.
- Let sit for 15 minutes for flavors to combine.
So good! You can't really taste the carrots, but they add a nice crunch. I left out the cinnamon, and the overall taste is citrus. Delicious. I've passed this recipe on to several people already!