Recipe by ELS Murphy
A very simple cold side dish for lunch or light supper. My husband got it from his mother, and ofcourse all her food tastes better than mine.
Top Review by Terri Newell
So good! You can't really taste the carrots, but they add a nice crunch. I left out the cinnamon, and the overall taste is citrus. Delicious. I've passed this recipe on to several people already!
- 2 large fresh carrots
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the carrots using carrot/potato peeler.
- Using the peeler, continue to "peel" the carrots into a medium serving bowl. Discard the center you cannot "peel".
- Add the drained oranges to the serving bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in the small bowl and add mixture to the carrots and oranges.
- Mix well.
- Let sit for 15 minutes for flavors to combine.