Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great, different caramel recipe that I've had forever. I make these for my Christmas boxes, rolled in toasted coconut, and they are always a favorite.
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Butter an 8" square pan and set aside Combine first 4 ingredients in a heavy 4qt saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, to 248F (firm ball).
- Stir in cream and butter.
- This will lower the temperature.
- Continue cooking and stirring constantly to 245F.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Allow to stand at room temperature overnight.
- If you wish to add nuts, you can stir them in right before pouring or spread them in the pan before you pour in the caramel.
- These are good with cashews.
- They're also great rolled in toasted coconut.
These were wonderful, rave reviews from everyone who tried them. I cut them into cubes and rolled in a quality cocoa, them wrapped in squares of parchment.