This comes from a Better Homes and Gardens prize tested recipe, November 1997. I haven't made this in years, but from what I remember, it was delicious and people raved about it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs white chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur or 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder or 4 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- white chocolate curls (optional)
- orange peel (optional)
- 1You'll need about 72 small paper or foil candy cups (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch size).
- 2For filling, in a large sauce pan, combine white chocolate, 1/2 cup whipping cream, orange peel, orange liqueur or juice and orange extract.
- 3Stir over low heat until white chocolate is just melted.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in walnuts.
- 5Cool slightly.
- 6Place mixture in a disposable heavy plastic bag and make a small opening at one bottom corner.
- 7Squeeze mixture through hole in bag to fill candy cups about 2/3 full (or use a small spoon instead of bag to fill cups).
- 8Chill in refrigerator 20 minutes.
- 9In a medium sauce pan, heat the 1/4 whipping cream and espresso powder or coffee crystals over low heat until dissolved.
- 10Add semisweet chocolate, stirring over low heat 3 to 4 minutes or until chocolate melts.
- 11Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of semisweet chocolate mixture onto each white chocolate cream.
- 12If desired, top with white chocolate curls and orange peel.
- 13Store in refrigerator.
- 14Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Cappuccino Creams
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 72
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.1
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 5.3 mg
- Sodium 10.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant espresso coffee powder