Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This comes from a Better Homes and Gardens prize tested recipe, November 1997. I haven't made this in years, but from what I remember, it was delicious and people raved about it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs white chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur or 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder or 4 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- white chocolate curls (optional)
- orange peel (optional)
- You'll need about 72 small paper or foil candy cups (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch size).
- For filling, in a large sauce pan, combine white chocolate, 1/2 cup whipping cream, orange peel, orange liqueur or juice and orange extract.
- Stir over low heat until white chocolate is just melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in walnuts.
- Cool slightly.
- Place mixture in a disposable heavy plastic bag and make a small opening at one bottom corner.
- Squeeze mixture through hole in bag to fill candy cups about 2/3 full (or use a small spoon instead of bag to fill cups).
- Chill in refrigerator 20 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat the 1/4 whipping cream and espresso powder or coffee crystals over low heat until dissolved.
- Add semisweet chocolate, stirring over low heat 3 to 4 minutes or until chocolate melts.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of semisweet chocolate mixture onto each white chocolate cream.
- If desired, top with white chocolate curls and orange peel.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Serve at room temperature.
Maybe you should add dreamy to the title of your recipe, because that is what it was, very dreamy. It was too good to be true, and it didn't last long enough in my house in order for me to check. It was also alot easier to make then I thought it was going to be, and it was just the right blend of chocolate and orange flavours.