Dulces de Naranja (Orange Candy)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put 1 cup sugar into a HEAVY skillet and stir slowly with a wooden spoon over medium heat until the sugar is melted and caramelized to a golden brown color.
- 2Add the water and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- 3Add the remaining 2 cups sugar, evaporated milk and salt. Place over low heat and stir constantly until the mixture boils.
- 4Cook, stirring fre quently, until it reaches the soft ball stage (236 degrees). Remove from heat; cool to lukewarm.
- 5Do not stir.
- 6Add the orange peel and nuts.
- 7Beat vigorously until the candy loses its gloss and will hold its shape when dropped from a spoon.
- 8Pour into lightly greased (margarine) 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- 9Cool until set. Cut into squares before the candy becomes too firm.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Candy with Black Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.3
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.2 mg
- Sodium 13.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g