Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Dulces de Naranja (Orange Candy)
Make and share this Orange Candy with Black Walnuts recipe from Food.com.
- Put 1 cup sugar into a HEAVY skillet and stir slowly with a wooden spoon over medium heat until the sugar is melted and caramelized to a golden brown color.
- Add the water and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the remaining 2 cups sugar, evaporated milk and salt. Place over low heat and stir constantly until the mixture boils.
- Cook, stirring fre quently, until it reaches the soft ball stage (236 degrees). Remove from heat; cool to lukewarm.
- Do not stir.
- Add the orange peel and nuts.
- Beat vigorously until the candy loses its gloss and will hold its shape when dropped from a spoon.
- Pour into lightly greased (margarine) 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Cool until set. Cut into squares before the candy becomes too firm.