Recipe by Chef Prissy in Central Ohio
I was attending a weight loss class and got this recipe. I come from a family of eaters who love fattening desserts and they ate this and didn't know it was LOW FAT. :) Now everyone asks for the recipe. Hope you like it.
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip Lite
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin orange segments (can use 2 cans if you really like them)
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice or 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix (any brand works)
- 12 ounces diet orange soda or 12 ounces regular orange soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cake mix and orange sunkist with mixer until smooth *do not add eggs, oil etc that cake calls for.
- Grease cake pan (can use any size).
- Bake according to pan size, temps on cake mix box.
- DRAIN mandarin oranges and pineapple very well.
- Mix oranges and pineapple together.
- Fold mixture into Cool Whip and refrigerate.
- After cake is done and cooled, add orange/pineapple/cool whip topping and serve.
- Tip: If you do not drain the pineapple and oranges well enough, the topping will be somewhat soggy. If this happens, a couple hours refrigeration time with stiffen it up.
- Good luck and I hope you enjoy it. Let me know if any errors -- this is my first recipe I have posted here :).