Chef Prissy in Central Ohio's Note:
I was attending a weight loss class and got this recipe. I come from a family of eaters who love fattening desserts and they ate this and didn't know it was LOW FAT. :) Now everyone asks for the recipe. Hope you like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip Lite
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin orange segments (can use 2 cans if you really like them)
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice or 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix (any brand works)
- 12 ounces diet orange soda or 12 ounces regular orange soda
- 1Mix cake mix and orange sunkist with mixer until smooth *do not add eggs, oil etc that cake calls for.
- 2Grease cake pan (can use any size).
- 3Bake according to pan size, temps on cake mix box.
- 4DRAIN mandarin oranges and pineapple very well.
- 5Mix oranges and pineapple together.
- 6Fold mixture into Cool Whip and refrigerate.
- 7After cake is done and cooled, add orange/pineapple/cool whip topping and serve.
- 8Tip: If you do not drain the pineapple and oranges well enough, the topping will be somewhat soggy. If this happens, a couple hours refrigeration time with stiffen it up.
- 9Good luck and I hope you enjoy it. Let me know if any errors -- this is my first recipe I have posted here :).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Cake--Light and Refreshing
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.5
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.7 mg
- Sodium 314.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 39.7 g
- Protein 3.4 g