Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great for any occasion!
- 2 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour or 2 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup instant Tang orange drink
- 1 1⁄4 cups orange juice
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup oil or 1⁄2 cup softened butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix flour and sugar manually.
- Add powder and orange juice to the mixture.
- Using an electric blender, mix at low speed; fold in sour cream and oil.
- Slowly increase speed and add both extracts; slowly add eggs.
- Increase speed to medium and mix until smooth.
- Oil and slightly flour two 8" or 9" baking pans; pour in batter.
- Bake for at least 45 minutes.
- When cake is done, cool at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Frost with Chocolate, Orange, or Vanilla frosting.
This is a pretty nice cake. I made this y'day for a girl who turned seven and was celebrating her birthday. I wanted to take something for her and decided to make this cake, which I'm very glad I did. I used 3/4 cup instant Tang orange drink, 2 cups all-purpose flour(instead of self-raising flour), 1/2 cup oil, 1/4 cup yoghurt(as a substitute for sur cream), 2 cups sugar, 2 eggs, 1 cup fresh orange juice, 1 tsp. vanilla essence and 1/4 tsp. pineapple essence. This particular cake took 1 hour 30 minutes to bake in my AMC Dutch Oven. Once done and cooled, I frosted this cake with 3/4 cup of vanilla ice-cream(softened). This cake needs to be served chilled to be enjoyed best. The blend of vanilla and orange go very well together in this cake. Big thank you's to YOU from the child who was celebrating her bday also the same day. Thanks for posting!