Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Fast, easy, delicious, and pretty! This cake doesn't need any frosting, a simple dusting of powdered sugar is quite enough, but if you're feeling truly decadent, a dark chocolate ganache over each slice is SINFUL!
- 1 large orange (don't peel it, use everything... cut it in 4 pieces and remove seeds)
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Beat quartered orange, eggs, and oil in a blender.
- Mix dry ingredients, then add liquid mixture. Mix well by hand.
- Pour batter into greased bundt pan.
- Add thick layer of powdered sugar on top of batter.
- Put it in the oven. After 10 minutes at 450, lower the temperature to 400. Bake 15 minutes at 400 and lower it again to 350. Bake for 10 more minutes at 350, and remove from oven.
- (This is done so that the sugar doesn't burn and so that the cake cooks thoroughly.).
- Let cool, invert onto plate. Dust with powdered sugar.