Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cafe Au Lait with a hint of orange. A beautiful addition to any gift basket. An inexpensive gift idea would be to get a pretty basket, double this recipe and put into a pint jar tied with a pretty ribbon, include a mug and a good book.
- 1⁄4 cup instant coffee
- 1⁄2 cup non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
- 1 teaspoon dried orange peel
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in food processor.
- Cover and process 5 to 10 seconds, until well mixed.
- Store in tightly covered container at room temperature up to 6 months.
- For each serving, place 2 teaspoons mix in cup. Fill with 2/3 cup boiling water.
I have not tasted this yet - as I made the jar up first - but if the smell is anything to go by - it is going to be GOOD! I layered mine in the jar for an attractive finish (added instructions to pulse in a mixer on opening the jar) and plan on giving it as a gift to a friend with a mug and a good book, as suggested! Made for ZWT5 and France.........merci Bren! FT:-)
For ZWT 5 the Dining Daredevils. I made this this morning and it was just heavenly. The orange and cinnamon gave this cafe au lait such a beautiful aroma. Not to mention that it attracted the rest of the family before going off to work. Thank you so much for posting this recipe.
I`m not a fan of instant coffee but the cinnamon and orange take this to the top! Made for ZWT5. Merci.