Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Orange Butterscotch Sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 dash salt
- Beat eggs for 5 minutes, gradually adding sugar.
- Beat until soft peaks form.
- Add Almond extract.
- Sift flour, baking powder,& salt together.
- Combine with crumbs.
- Fold into egg mixture, half at a time.
- Fold in nuts.
- Bake at 325 for 30- 35 minutes in a 9x13 pan.
- Orange Butterscotch Sauce: Bring to a boil.
- Cook until thickened.
- Stir consistency.
- Cool slightly.
- Put 2/3 of sauce on slightly cool torte;.
- cool completely.
- Whip 1 pint cream and spread on top.
- Top with remaining 1/3 of sauce and swirl to to marbelize.
- Refrigerate 8 hours before serving, so flavors blend.
Delicious and easy. I took a chance and served this to company the first time I made it. No worries. Everyone loved it!