Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens January 2007
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- In a large bowl combine flour and other dry ingredients including orange peel.
- In a medium bowl combine remaining ingredients.
- Stir orange juice mixture into flour mixture until combined but still slightly lumpy. Heat a lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat.
- For each pancake pour about 1/4 cup batter onto griddle.
- Cook until golden; turn when tops are bubbly and edges are slightly dry (1-2 minutes per side).
These were great! I halved to recipe, and got 6 lovely pancakes,, Thanks!
Thank you for sharing your recipe. The pancakes were very filling and the flavor was nice and subtle. I love buttermilk in pancakes. I garnished with maple syrup and a few fresh blueberries. Made for the Summer Comfort Cafe.
Very yummy! "Breakfast for dinner" is one of my kids' favorite meals. We enjoyed these served with recipe #109540, along with bacon, eggs, and fruit. Thanks for sharing the recipe!