Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens January 2007
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- In a large bowl combine flour and other dry ingredients including orange peel.
- In a medium bowl combine remaining ingredients.
- Stir orange juice mixture into flour mixture until combined but still slightly lumpy. Heat a lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat.
- For each pancake pour about 1/4 cup batter onto griddle.
- Cook until golden; turn when tops are bubbly and edges are slightly dry (1-2 minutes per side).
These were great! I halved to recipe, and got 6 lovely pancakes,, Thanks!
Thank you for sharing your recipe. The pancakes were very filling and the flavor was nice and subtle. I love buttermilk in pancakes. I garnished with maple syrup and a few fresh blueberries. Made for the Summer Comfort Cafe.
Very yummy! "Breakfast for dinner" is one of my kids' favorite meals. We enjoyed these served with Retro Sparkling Orange Syrup, along with bacon, eggs, and fruit. Thanks for sharing the recipe!