Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Makes a perfect combo with my Carrot Parmesan Ring. Some in the middle and some around the outside of ring.
- 10 ounces frozen Brussels sprouts
- 2 teaspoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon low-fat margarine (#117086)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Cook sprouts as directed on package. Drain.
- In small saucepan, combine rest of ingredients and heat on low until margarine melts.
- Toss with sprouts and serve.
A nice change from plain old brussels sprouts. I made these without the carrot parmesan ring and honestly didn't miss it! I found there to be enough sauce to eat the sprouts as is. I sometimes do not like orange mixed with non sweet dishes, but did like these. I think it was because the orange flavor is present but it is not overpowering because this recipe does not contain orange rind as some recipes do. I liked the addition of the sesame seeds. The seeds in addition to the sauce made a very visually appealing dish!