Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this to go with my recipe Orange you glad I baked a cake. I haven't ever made a flavored buttercream and was surprised at how well this turned out..
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- take softened butter and whisk until creamy.
- add orange zest and vanilla extract, whisk until creamy again.
- add 2 cups of powdered sugar and whisk until smooth, depending on how thick you want the frosting you can always add more sugar.
- add orange zest at the end and stir to combine.
- frost your cake and let it chill for at least 1 hour.