I made this to go with my recipe Orange you glad I baked a cake. I haven't ever made a flavored buttercream and was surprised at how well this turned out..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1take softened butter and whisk until creamy.
- 2add orange zest and vanilla extract, whisk until creamy again.
- 3add 2 cups of powdered sugar and whisk until smooth, depending on how thick you want the frosting you can always add more sugar.
- 4add orange zest at the end and stir to combine.
- 5frost your cake and let it chill for at least 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Buttercream Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (551 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2618.6
- Calories from Fat 1660
- Total Fat 184.5 g
- Saturated Fat 116.6 g
- Cholesterol 488.0 mg
- Sodium 1311.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 250.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 240.8 g
- Protein 2.6 g