Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple, buttercream frosting made with orange juice for a tangy twist! Goes wonderfully on lemon cake, or over vanilla or pound cake. Even unusually good on chocolate cake! Thicker than a glaze, but not as stiff as store bought frostings. You can expect it to spread a little when you apply it, but don't worry, in a few moments it will be set in place. Glossy, elegant, and delicious!
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons salted butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- Blend all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth. To thin, add more juice, to thicken, add more sugar.
- Add a dash of orange zest or fresh grated peel, if desired.
Good frosting! I used this on Recipe #247635 and both were excellent together. I used alittle orange zest and a drop of orange extract to give more of a orange taste. It did harden really well after cooling. Perfect on this cake. My friends loved it :) Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!
This has a tasty strong orange flavor that was perfect for our vanilla orange cupcakes! We don't like frosting TOO sweet, so I used 1/2 cream cheese and 1/2 butter. The cream cheese tempered the sweetness without overtaking the flavor. Thanks Hybrid!