Recipe by Ivan Liew
A rich and delicious crepe recipe made extra special with orange and rum with quick-make instructions
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons rum or 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter (salted or add pinch of salt)
- 1 orange
- seasonal fruit
- ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely grate orange peel to taste. Try it first with approx 1 tablespoon.
- Melt the butter so it is liquid.
- Combine grated orange peel and all ingredient (except the fresh fruit and ice-cream!) into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place in refrigerator. This is to allow bubbles to dissipate, but if you're in a hurry you can leave out this step and results are still good.
- Lightly oil or butter your pan. I don't have a special pan for this so I use a wok!
- On medium heat pour in some batter and swirl until you get a thin circular crepe.
- When golden brown on the edges (they will lift up slightly), quickly roll the crepes and arrange on a dish.
- Arrange 2 crepes on a large plate, dust with chocolate/cocoa powder, and arrange seasonal fruit and ice-cream on the plate.