Top Review by Elly in Canada
I was going to post this recipe and found it was already on the database!!! Original source from the great Canadian Living Magazine. Update 4/2010 I made these buns again and they are soooo yummy, I love the sweet orange flavour of the buns! I wanted to take a photo, but I forgot!! Oh well, an excuse to make them again!!
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons grated orange rind
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter until in fine crumbs.
- Beat eggs with orange juice; drizzle over crumbs, tossing with fork to moisten.
- Turn out onto a floured surface; knead gently for 30 seconds.
- Roll or pat into an eight inch square; spread with butter.
- Mix the orange sugar and sprinkle over dough.
- Roll up jelly roll fashion; cut into eight slices.
- Place, side by side and cut side down, in a greased 9 or 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake in centre of a 425 oven for 35 minutes or until golden.