1/1 Photo of Orange Buns
1 hr 15 mins
I found this recipe not to long ago and have never seen one like it, so I decided to post it here 8)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven 375°.
- 2Proof the yeast, scald the milk, add butter, sugar and salt to it.
- 3When lukewarm, add yeast to it; mix well. Add about 2 cups of flour and beat well.
- 4Add eggs, orange juice and peel. Add flour, mixing well after each addition, until it pulls away from sides of bowl.
- 5Knead for about 10 minutes. Cover and let rise until doubled.
- 6Punch dough down and, if you like, let it rise again.
- 7Divide dough into 3 balls. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 8Make into braids or buns and rise once more.
- 9Bake until done. You can frost with a orange icing and sprinkle some nuts if desired.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Buns
Serving Size: 1 (1539 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.4
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 137.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 5.0 g