Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Bundt cakes are super easy to make. Made this recipe up myself. I used the same ratios of wet to dry ingredients from "Death by Chocolate" recipe. Worked also well with Blueberry, Lemon, and Raspberry variations. Will post those separately if anybody wants them.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 oranges (zest or grate the Oranges, squeeze the juice)
- orange juice (combined with squeezed juice to make 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- red food coloring
- yellow food coloring (follow package instructions to make orange)
- 1 (1 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding (small or large size)
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat eggs, sour cream, orange juice, and oil together in a large bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Add cake mix, pudding mix, food coloring and orange zest.
- Beat until smooth.
- Spray Bundt pan with vegetalbe oil spray (PAM).
- Pour into Bundt or tube pan and bake for 1 hour.
- When cool, cover pan with a dinner plate. Invert to remove cake from pan.
- Sift powdered sugar on top of cake.
Wonderful cake! I was given a lot of naval oranges by a neighbor and decided to try this recipe to use some. It was so good. I omitted the coloring, the cake was a lovely color without the food coloring. I put 1/2 cup chopped pecans, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup butter in the bottom of the bundt pan and poured the batter on top. It made a nice finish to the cake when inverted. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
This was wonderful! I will definately be making this again. I also put a simple orange glaze on top and served with a scoop of vanilla icecream or whip cream. Love it!
Excellent! My family loves this cake. Super moist and super fast. I skip the food coloring, and sometimes use a yellow cake mix. I make a orange glaze as mentioned in another review for the top.