Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 4 cups fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 (3 lb) boneless pork loin, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- orange slice
- parsley sprig
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup water and orange rind; bring to a boil; remove from heat; pour into a large bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Add 2 cups water, 4 cups juice, salt, sugar, and ¼ cup soy sauce; stir until the salt and sugar dissolve.
- Pour salt mixture into a 2 gallon zip-lock plastic bag; add in ice and pork; seal.
- Refrigerate 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine marmalade, 2 tablespoons juice, and 1 tablespoon soy sauce; bring to a boil; cook 10 seconds or until marmalade melts; remove from heat.
- Remove pork from bag; discard brine.
- Pat pork dry with paper towels; place pork on roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes; decrease temperature to 325°, bake 45 minutes.
- Brush marmalade mixture over pork; bake 5 minutes or until thermometer inserted into thickest portion reads 155°.
- Place pork on a platter; cover with foil; let stand 15 minutes.
- Garnish with orange slices and parsley.