Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great light and healthy breakfast! From The Brooks Street Inn Bed and Breakfast in Taos, New Mexico. Prep time includes 12 hours refrigeration time.
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute (like Egg Beaters)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange extract
- orange slice, garnish
- 1 9-inch deep dish pie crust, thawed if using frozen shell
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In large bowl, beat cottage cheese on high speed with electric mixer for 1-1/2 minutes.
- Add eggs, sugar, flour, grated orange, orange juice, and orange extract; blend well.
- Pour into pie shell and bake for 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Refrigerate overnight and serve chilled the next morning garnished with orange slices.
Had 44 ladies to my home for Pink Breakfast - this lovely, attractive pie was a big hit. Not complicated, very refreshing, and great to have it ready the night before and just have to bring it out of the refrigerator - very handy when your guests are arriving, all dressed in pink, at 7am! Will use this receipe again - thank you. We can't get egg substitute in this part of Australia, so I used 3 eggs in this recipe.