Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe was found in a book titled "Bread Machine Collection".
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in bread machine pan in order specified by owner's manual.
- Program basic or white cycle and desired crust setting; press start.
- Remove baked bread from pan; cool.
Great bread! I added pecans and some Splenda as I like a sweet bread with just margarine on it for breakfast and I am watching my sugar. The recipe made a lovely high loaf (I added 2 Tbsp wheat gluten) and it has a very good texture. There are plenty of Craisins and just the right amount of orange flavor. Thanks for a bread I will make again. Carole in Orlando