Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Whip up this frothy cooler in minutes, it tastes like an old-fashioned Creamsicle. For best results, start with ice-cold soy milk and use freshly squeezed orange juice. Creamy, custard-like silken tofu adds extra body. For additional calcium, use calcium-fortified orange juice. Points 2.
- 354.88 ml orange juice, chilled
- 236.59 ml light vanilla soymilk, chilled (soya milk)
- 78.07 ml silken tofu or 78.07 ml soft tofu
- 14.79 ml dark honey
- 4.92 ml grated orange zest
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 5 ice cubes
- 4 peeled orange sections
- In a blender, combine the orange juice, soy milk, tofu, honey, orange zest, vanilla and ice cubes.
- Blend until smooth and frothy, about 30 seconds.
- Pour into tall, chilled glasses and garnish each glass with an orange segment.
This was very good, and the BF and I had it for a quick/late breakfast shake. We omitted the ice cubes, because we both cannot stand them, and it made for a very creamy mix. It reminds me of a drink that I get at the Nordstrom E-bar, but i'm sure was much better for me with the added silken tofu. Thanks for a great breakfast treat, Dancer!
This is definately one of the better cooler/smoothie recipes using tofu. I first made this last month, and I had to find the exact same one again! It's so good! It also works well with a tiny bit of chocolate blended together with the whole thing. Thanks for sharing! :)