Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Can you say divine? I know that you will when you taste this scrumptious breakfast treat. This recipe is courtesy of my Aunt Yvonne.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 (11 ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Combine first 3 ingredients in small bowl - set aside.
- Place about ¾ tsp cream cheese in center of each biscuit; fold biscuit half over cheese, pressing edges to seal.
- Dip folded biscuit in melted butter, and dredge in sugar mixture.
- Place biscuits, curve side down in a single layer in curves of a lightly greased 12-cup bundt pan, spacing evenly (do not stack).
- Place any remaining biscuits around center of tube pan filling in spaces if necessary. Drizzle any remaining butter over biscuits, sprinkle with any remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes or until done. Immediately invert onto a serving plate.
- Combine powdered sugar and OJ, stirring well. Drizzle icing over warm coffee cake.
Yum, yum, yum! This was our Sunday morning breakfast and it was delicious. Definitely a repeat recipe.