- 6 slices bread (crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruits (raisins, cherries etc)
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour and baking powder and mix well.
- In a seperate bowl, mix the butter and sugar and beat till light.
- Add the beaten eggs and mix until well blended.
- Next add the fruit, bread crumbs and orange rind.
- Fold in the flour and orange juice alternately.
- In a pudding mould, Layer the bottom with maple syrup.
- Sprinkle the almond slivers on it.
- Pour the mixed pudding batter into the mold over the syrup it.
- Put a lid on the mold and put it in a rice cooker.
- Pour water in the cooker upto half the mould height.
- Switch the cooker into cooking and let it cook for 1 hours.
- After 1 hr remove the mould from the cooker and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Invert the mould into a plate and cut into slices.
- Serve warm with custard.