Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the cookbook Big Book of Bread Machine Recipes. I added the optional raisins and nuts. We like this bread used for French toast. Try a freshly baked slice with wildflower honey!
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3 cups unbleached white flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces warm water
- 3⁄4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional) or 1⁄2 cup cranberries (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Place all ingredients except for raisins and nuts into the bread pan according to bread machine manufacturer's instructions.
- Add raisins and nuts if using at the fruit/nut beep cycle.
- Keep leftover baked bread refrigerated.
This is YUMMY!! I'm dying to try it for French toast. Mine turned out a little too dark on the bottom, but I'm pretty sure that is because of my bread machine and not the recipe. Thanks for sharing! :)
This was delicious, light and the kids loved it! I didn't use any of the optional ingredients because I want to use the leftovers for french toast (if there are any!) I did use bread machine yeast and the basic bread setting-I wasn't sure-but it turned out great! Thanks!