Recipe by MarieRynr
This bread merits special treatment. Wrap in clear cellophane, tie with ribbons and give to your closest friends. Serve at room temperature; spread with flavoured whipped cream cheese or ranberry Butter. You can substitute Tiple Sec or Cointreau for the Grand Marnier.
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, roomtemp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped raisins (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk and vinegar and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Cream butter,sugar and eggs until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Sift flour, salt and soda together.
- Add flour mixture,alternately with milk, to creamed mixture.
- Beat in zest, vanilla and almond extract, and raisins, if using.
- Pour into a greased 5 X 9 inch pan or three 5 X 3 inch pans.
- Bake at 350*F or 1 hour for large pan and about 25 minutes for smaller pans.
- Do not overbake.
- Mix glaze ingredients together.
- Pierce hot bread all over with fork or toothpick and spoon glaze over bread.
- Let cool in pan.