Recipe by Jewelies
I haven't tried this yet but wanted to post as it sounded really good. From Delicious magazine.
Top Review by mollypaul
Conversions for us hopeless Americans:
It's just under a pound of bread, about 11 tablespoons of butter, about a cup of orange marmalade, 2 1/8 cups light cream and about 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
- 400 g fresh white bread, crusts removed
- 150 g melted butter
- 225 g good quality orange marmalade
- 3 oranges, peeled segmented
- 1 orange, rind only,grated
- 3 eggs
- 500 ml light cream
- 100 g caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons demerara sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Butter a 16x32x5c (6x12x2 inch), baking dish.
- Cut bread into rough chunks and place in a large bowl.
- Pour butter over.
- Place marmalade in a saucepan over low heat until warm, them pour over bread.
- Add orange segments and carefully stir to combine.
- Tip mixture into prepared dish.
- Beat together rind, eggs, cream and caster sugar.
- Pour over bread mix.
- Sprinkle top with demerara sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until golden.