This is a yeasted bread rather than a quick bread. prep time does not include rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 2in separate bowl combine sugar, orange zest, salt and baking soda.
- 3to sugar mixture add milk, melted butter, orange juice and dissolved yeast.
- 4add enough flour to make a stiff dough. turn out and knead till smooth. Dough should not be sticky.
- 5place in greased mixing bowl turning to coat dough. cover and let rise till doubled.
- 6Punch down and divide in half. Let rest 5 to 10 minutes.
- 7Shape into 2 loaves. Place in greased loaf pans, cover and let rise till doubled.
- 8brush with egg yolk wash (optional).
- 9bake @ 350 degrees F for 30 - 35 minutes. I measure inside temp to 180 to 190 degrees before pulling out to cool.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Bread
Serving Size: 1 (918 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 907.2
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 73.8 mg
- Sodium 3900.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 146.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 41.4 g
- Protein 17.9 g