Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a yeasted bread rather than a quick bread. prep time does not include rising time.
Make and share this Orange Bread recipe from Food.com.
- dissolve yeast in warm water.
- in separate bowl combine sugar, orange zest, salt and baking soda.
- to sugar mixture add milk, melted butter, orange juice and dissolved yeast.
- add enough flour to make a stiff dough. turn out and knead till smooth. Dough should not be sticky.
- place in greased mixing bowl turning to coat dough. cover and let rise till doubled.
- Punch down and divide in half. Let rest 5 to 10 minutes.
- Shape into 2 loaves. Place in greased loaf pans, cover and let rise till doubled.
- brush with egg yolk wash (optional).
- bake @ 350 degrees F for 30 - 35 minutes. I measure inside temp to 180 to 190 degrees before pulling out to cool.