Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A nice addition to breakfast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (two oranges)
- 2 1⁄2 cups oranges, peeled diced with juice
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- In large bowl, combine flour, soda, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl, mix together oil and brown sugar.
- Stir in eggs and oranges with juice and zest until well blended.
- Stir mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.