- 2 oranges
- cold water, as needed to cover oranges
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a loaf pan.
- Cut two oranges into small pieces, peelings and all.
- Cover with cold water and boil until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add a scant cup of sugar, stir and let cool.
- Put in a bowl aqnd add remaining ingredients.
- Bake for one hour or until tests done.