Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This loaf is really moist and freezes well....Peggy.
- 2 oranges
- cold water, as needed to cover oranges
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a loaf pan.
- Cut two oranges into small pieces, peelings and all.
- Cover with cold water and boil until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add a scant cup of sugar, stir and let cool.
- Put in a bowl aqnd add remaining ingredients.
- Bake for one hour or until tests done.
This was awful,I followed the directions to a T,but it ended up a heavy brick.
This is what I consider my "find" of the year. It is the most awesome bread, sliced thin with cream cheese then chilled.Wonderful!! You just have to trust the recipe, it sure seems like it couldn't work but it does. Who ever heard of eating the orange; peel and all?