Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
just another variation on what we call Monkey bread...I like this version better...
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 (11 ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into 20 squares
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl, set aside.
- seperate biscuit dough into individual biscuits, gently seperate individual biscuits in half.place a cream cheese square between the 2 halves and pinch sides to seal each back together.
- dip in melted ubtter and dredge in reserved sugar mixture.
- stand biscuits on edge in a lightly grease 12 bundt pan, spacing evenly --
- drizzle with remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
- bake at 350* for 45 minutes or until golden.immediately invert onto a serrving platter.
- combine powdered sugar and orange juice, stir well.
- drizzle over warm bread.
- serve immediately.
- yield 1 10" coffee cake.
I like this version better too. I like cinnamon, but I LOVED this orange recipe. I've made it 3 times and nearly been knocked down at teh door to my building before I can even get in to share. ADDED THIS RECIPE TO MY LIST OF FAVORITES! Thank you so much!