- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Crem butter and gradually add sugar. Add the beaten egg and grated orange rind.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the orange juice and flour mixture alternately to the butter mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Put batter into a greased 8x4 loaf pan. Let stand 20 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350º. Bake for 55-60 minutes.