Recipe by Mary in LA.
Melt in your mouth muffin. The Prevention reports states that these muffins defeat breast cancer. I tried them and they are good tasting muffins.
- 1 1⁄2 cups oat bran
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup flax seed, ground
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 oranges, quartered and seeded
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups golden raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line two 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners, or coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine oat bran, flour, flax seed, wheat bran, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a blender of food processor, combine oranges, brown sugar, buttermilk, oil, eggs, and baking soda. Blend well.
- Pour orange mixture into dry ingredients.
- Mix until well blended.
- Stir in raisins.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.