Recipe by bigbadbrenda
This is from Womans world from last year. I am always looking for a grab while you go snack. This is very nice and it has only 3 g fat. Time does not include the cooling time.
Top Review by PaulaG
These were made as per ingredient list without the added glaze. The dough was very wet and I found it easier to pat the dough into a circle, score it and bake them in the oven. After the specified time the scones were cut apart and baked a few more minutes in the oven. All in all a good recipe. Made for *ZWT6*
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 Line a jellyroll pan with foil; coat with cooking spray.
- Combine flour , sugar, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- With a pastry blender or 2 knives cut in butter and 1 tsp of the zest until well combined.
- Stir in buttermilk and egg white until a soft dough forms.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- With Moist hands transfer dough to a floured surface and shape into a 8 in round.
- Cut into wedges and place 2 inches apart on pan.
- Bake 8-12 minutes or until golden brown
- Cool Completely.
- In a small bowl combine the confectioners sugar with 1/2 tsp zest and 1- 2 tbsp water stir until smooth .
- Drizzle over scones.