Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup blueberries (thawed and drained if frozen)
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients except the blueberries.
- Mix at low speed until well blended, then beat at medium speed for 2-minutes.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Turn into a loaf pan which is greased on the*bottom only*.
- Bake at 350-f for 60-70 minutes until done.
- Cool 10 minutes then remove pan and let cool fully before slicing.
We made this with raspberries, actually, instead of blueberries and it turned out great. We loved how strong the orange flavor in this was, from the juice and 2 TBS of zest. I used fresh orange juice. Really good, nice and sweet, with great strong flavors. BF was wild about this one. Thanks!
I altered this just slightly based on my ingredient options and still thought it was wonderful! So did all the people at the social event. :)
It was good. I made as written even though I questioned the 3 tsp of baking powder. There are other recipes on this site that use 1/2 cup orange juice and 2 eggs-- I might try one of those next time. But the whole family enjoyed the treat.