Top Review by Roosie
We made this with raspberries, actually, instead of blueberries and it turned out great. We loved how strong the orange flavor in this was, from the juice and 2 TBS of zest. I used fresh orange juice. Really good, nice and sweet, with great strong flavors. BF was wild about this one. Thanks!
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup blueberries (thawed and drained if frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients except the blueberries.
- Mix at low speed until well blended, then beat at medium speed for 2-minutes.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Turn into a loaf pan which is greased on the*bottom only*.
- Bake at 350-f for 60-70 minutes until done.
- Cool 10 minutes then remove pan and let cool fully before slicing.