Prep 45 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe started out as the Lemon Blossoms from "Paula Deen & Friends" cookbook. I didn't have the lemon or lemon pudding called for so I improvised. A word of warning - do not try this with a hand mixer. The dough is unbelievably stiff and I nearly burned out the motor on mine. The finished cupcakes are light as a feather though. I was truly amazed that such a thick batter would bake up so light.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package orange cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray miniature muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs and oil and blend with a stand mixer for about 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour about a tablespoon of batter into each spot in the muffin tin. I used a mini ice cream scoop about the size of a melon baller.
- Bake for about 12 minutes. Remove from pan immediately and set aside to cool slightly.
- Sift the confectioner's sugar into a mixing bowl. Add the water, oil and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Dip the warm cupcakes into the glaze and place them on a wire rack with waxed paper underneath to cool and for the glaze to set. This could take a while especially if it's humid.
- When the glaze has set completely the cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container until it's time to serve them.