This recipe started out as the Lemon Blossoms from "Paula Deen & Friends" cookbook. I didn't have the lemon or lemon pudding called for so I improvised. A word of warning - do not try this with a hand mixer. The dough is unbelievably stiff and I nearly burned out the motor on mine. The finished cupcakes are light as a feather though. I was truly amazed that such a thick batter would bake up so light.
My Private Note
mini cu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package orange cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray miniature muffin tins with cooking spray.
- 2Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs and oil and blend with a stand mixer for about 2 minutes or until smooth.
- 3Pour about a tablespoon of batter into each spot in the muffin tin. I used a mini ice cream scoop about the size of a melon baller.
- 4Bake for about 12 minutes. Remove from pan immediately and set aside to cool slightly.
- 5Sift the confectioner's sugar into a mixing bowl. Add the water, oil and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- 6Dip the warm cupcakes into the glaze and place them on a wire rack with waxed paper underneath to cool and for the glaze to set. This could take a while especially if it's humid.
- 7When the glaze has set completely the cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container until it's time to serve them.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Blossoms
Serving Size: 1 (1592 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.3
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 14.2 mg
- Sodium 86.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 0.8 g