Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lovely Middle Eastern or Mediterranean flavoured fruit salad I concocted. When used in Greece and Cypres, the orange blossom water water is known as anthonero.
- 1 fuji apple, peeled and chopped (or gala apple, or your favorite)
- 3 -5 soft dates, depending on size (I use Iranian, Parnoosh brand)
- 1⁄4 cup grapes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup berries (raspberries, blackberries, blue~)
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pistachios
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons balkan yogurt
- 1 teaspoon local unpasteurized honey (I use creamed or whipped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange blossom water (or to taste)
- Peel and chop apple, slice each date into 3 or 4 slivers, wash and halve grapes and wash berries.
- Arrange fruit on a plate or in a bowl.
- Top with sliced almonds and finely chopped pistachios.
- Mix Balkan yogurt with unpasteurized honey and orange blossom water.
- Drizzle dressing over fruit.
PERFECT! Local honey, local fruit including a variety of berries! Thank you! Reviewed for Ramadan Tag.
Beautiful in appearance and in flavour! I used 1/8 tsp of Orange Blossom Water as it was the first time I was using it, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. DH loved it so much I think he licked the plate (but he'd never admit to that!) Thanks so much for posting this, UmmB, and for your recommendation, Cookgirl - made for our VIP, UmmB for Feb 2010 Veggie Swap!