Recipe by UmmBinat
A lovely Middle Eastern or Mediterranean flavoured fruit salad I concocted. When used in Greece and Cypres, the orange blossom water water is known as anthonero.
- 1 fuji apple, peeled and chopped (or gala apple, or your favorite)
- 3 -5 soft dates, depending on size (I use Iranian, Parnoosh brand)
- 1⁄4 cup grapes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup berries (raspberries, blackberries, blue~)
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pistachios
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons balkan yogurt
- 1 teaspoon local unpasteurized honey (I use creamed or whipped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange blossom water (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and chop apple, slice each date into 3 or 4 slivers, wash and halve grapes and wash berries.
- Arrange fruit on a plate or in a bowl.
- Top with sliced almonds and finely chopped pistachios.
- Mix Balkan yogurt with unpasteurized honey and orange blossom water.
- Drizzle dressing over fruit.