Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 30 mins
I love the scent of orange flower water, so I was excited to find this recipe in "Frozen Desserts" by Caroline Liddell. This sorbet is very sweet! Cooking time includes refrigeration and ice cream maker times.
- To make the simple syrup, dissolve the sugar in the hot water. Refrigerate until cool.
- To make the sorbet, combine the simple syrup, water, orange flower water, and citrus juice in a large bowl.
- Chill for at least an hour.
- When ready to freeze the sorbet, pour the mixture into your ice cream machine.
- After 5 minutes, pour in the lightly beaten egg white.
- Continue running the ice cream maker until the sorbet is at the desired consistency (it takes 25 minutes in mine).
- To store, scrape the sorbet into a freezer container, press a piece of waxed paper onto the top of the sorbet, and cover with a lid.
- Before serving stored sorbet, allow to soften in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.