Prep 35 mins
Cook 18 mins
Easy and a great breakfast muffin.
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- paper baking cup
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine Bisquick and 1/4 cup sugar in a large bowl; make a well in the center of mixture.
- Combine egg, orange juice, and oil; add to biscuit mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Stir in marmalade and pecans.
- Place paper baking cups in muffin pans; spoon batter into cups, filling two-thirds full.
- Combine 3 tablespoons sugar and next 3 ingredients; sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes or until done.
So very good. These muffins had a wonderful orange flavor topped with a sugar-spice topping. Very moist and just yummy. Thanks for sprucing up our breakfast table.
I had extra oranges that had to be used, so I made these muffins. Actually, I made two mini loaves. Walnuts were substituted for the pecans; this was very good. I will make them again and pass the recipe on to my parents in Arizona who have their own orange trees.
I didn't do the topping this time, but I will next. I didn't use muffin cups, but greased my pan. They only took about 15 minutes. These would be a very nice addition to a brunch table as they are or in the smaller 'gem' sized muffin. Thanks!