Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe from Bon Appetit, 2011 - these little citrus-scented cakes cook in just 10 minutes. Prep time does not include chill time. Posted for ZWT - 8 - France.
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 0.59 ml kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml orange blossom honey
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml orange zest, finely grated
- 73.94 ml unsalted butter, melted and cooled (plus more for molds)
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl until pale yellow and thick, about 4 minutes. Beat in honey, vanilla, and orange zest. Gently fold in dry ingredients. Add 5 tablespoons melted butter; gently fold into batter. Press plastic wrap directly onto surface of batter; chill for at least 3 hours (can be made 1 day ahead - keep chilled).
- Position a rack in center of oven; preheat to 400 degrees F. Lightly brush madeleine molds in butter. Place pan on a baking sheet. Drop 1 scant tablespoons batter into each mold. Bake until golden and a tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, invert and quickly know madeleines out of pan. Serve warm.
Lovely madeleines! I used gluten free cake flour to make them gluten free, and they got rave reviews by my guests. Thanks so much for sharing!
Made for ZWT8 / France for the Lively Lemon Lovelies